31 August 2007

Questions for Me?

Wow. This is my first post on my all-new, craft-only blog.

I decided to separate out the craft stuff so that I could post things like questionnaires and photo scavenger hunts without boring the crap out of non-knitterly or non-crafty readers.

This may or may not last - we'll see how much bother it is.

So, to launch this blog, I give you my...

Hogwarts Sock/Scarf Kit Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
[Pushes up glasses, straightens tie and says in no-nonsense voice] Ravenclaw.

2. List your favorite needle brands, including size and length. Or would you prefer circulars?
Since I'm making a scarf, I would prefer circulars or straight needles. My favorite brand is, of course, Lantern Moon. Their needles are just so gorgeous. But actually, brand is less important than media - I prefer wood to metal, metal to plastic. In straight needles, I prefer shorter needles - around 10" or so. A little longer is good, a little shorter is fine, too. I'm no good with straight needles that are 12" or longer. For circs, I prefer around a 24". Having said that, all of the above really depends on the yarn and the pattern.

3. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
I'm always interested in new needles. I'd be delighted to try these or perhaps something handcrafted and local? I do so love handcrafted and local...

4. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?
I prefer the colors in the film, but I don't know if it's a strong preference. Does that make my answer a "no"?

5. Do you have any allergies?
Renee Zellweger films.

6. If you are swapping scarves - what is your desired length for the pattern? This will help your partner find the pattern that is just right for you and buy yarn accordingly.
I prefer longer to shorter so that I can wrap them around once or twice with a little room around the neck. I live in a (mostly) cold climate. Let's say, longer than a muffler and shorter than the Dr. Who scarf. A bit of a challenge wouldn't go amiss.

Happy swapping!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Love the new blog...

pushing up glasses made me giggles...

Looking for my spectacles,
Tanya or Tia (your choice)

Heather said...

Your answers cracked me up... quite the witty Ravenclaw!
Happy Friday!
Hettie

lulubelle said...

Hi there! I'll be sending to you in this swap, watch your inbox for a couple of questions!

Tanya said...

Hey you!!! Just checking in to get Ravenclaw to post the trivia...

Let's get witty!!!!